Door County Wine:
Delightful in Any Season
Vineyards, Grapevines, & Wineries Galore
Wisconsin may be most famous for its beer and brandy, but its wine-making scene has been expanding rapidly, and Door County has been a hub of this action. From winery tours and wine festivals to restaurants embracing local-wine programs, the region’s fruit and cherry wines can be found around every corner.
5 Ways to Experience Door County Wine Culture
When it comes to Wisconsin wineries, the Door County region is the ultimate destination. Thanks to its eight active wineries, famous cherry and fruit wines, and small-but-mighty local wine culture, the Door is packed with great wineries and tasting rooms that can help raise your spirits.
- Take a Winery Tour: Take a Door County winery tour to get a behind-the-scenes look at how local wines and our famous cherry wines are made.
- Traverse the Door County Wine Trail: While Wisconsin is becoming a well-known wine region, Door County is leading the state in quality vineyards. Travel along the Door County Wine Trail to cover all of the county’s vinology and experience some of the best wineries in Wisconsin.
- Visit an Orchard or Farm: Visit local orchards or farms and take a tour. See how local producers grow and care for the grapes and cherries that eventually become Door County wine.
- Indulge at a Fine Dining Restaurant: Door County’s bustling dining scene is on the up, and carefully crafted wine pairings are a huge part of that, particularly in fine dining establishments.
- Check Out the Door County Wine Festival: The annual wine fest, held in early-to-mid summer, is a much-loved event in the region. Guests can sample the wares from seven local wineries, enjoy pairings of wine and cheese, and socialize among fellow oenophiles.